Sunday, February 25, 2007

Tonight I went to my first open water certification course.

Yeah, that means I'm learning to scuba dive.

Two days in the classroom, some time in a pool, and then we're off to dive the Red Sea this weekend.

We're renting a private 4-level safari boat for as much as a cheap hotel would cost, and spending the night on the sea, diving for two days straight.

We're hitting Hurghada, Sharm (pictured below), and anywhere in between.

I'm getting certified for life.

And the entire thing is going to be about US$300.

Contain yourself.

3 comments:

PDXMedic said...

Dude. Awesome.

Be my dive partner? I need one.

(I also need to go diving more.)

Anonymous said...

What does certification entail, for those of us who refuse to Google/Wikipedia?

Kari said...

Basically some classroom training/videos, and then a session or so underwater practicing skills. Then four open water dives at different depths, and a final written exam and...voila! PADI certified for life.

...algernon, how's the mouse?