Saturday, March 3, 2007

Brief recap of the past three days:

Washington Mutual cancelled my debit card while I was at sea.

I'm out of cash, and out of minutes on my cell phone.

I'm badly burnt, despite the rampant use of sunscreen.

I got stung by a jellyfish.

I inhaled mouthfuls of water at 10m after my regulator fell to pieces.

Habibi is being stationed in Wyoming, not Washington D.C.

I have food poisoning, and have been rushing to and from toilets for the past 10 hours (that'd be the bus ride plus dinner, if you're curious).

I tried to talk to the people at the front desk about going to a hospital but all they cared about was searching my bags.

Can I come home now?



....kidding. I actually had a fun weekend, but all of the above has just worn me out. Scuba stories when I'm not throwing up, and have all the pictures.

xoxo

4 comments:

Jake said...

wow... that is terrible. Sorry to add that whole wyoming thing to your list :(. But yes, you may come home now. Just let me know when I should buy the plane ticket for. ;)

Anonymous said...

You have parental permission to come home tomorrow!

But, knowing you, I suppose you'll choose to stick it out until June 1. I'm literally marking off the days until your return to safer soil!

P.S. If it's any comfort, Stephanie Anderson (your first cousin, once removed) suffered "in kind" during her study abroad last year in Quito, Ecuador.

Anonymous said...

How many plagues is that? You should only get ten, then it will be smooth sailing.

Anonymous said...

How many times do you have to throw up to qualify for a plague? Doing business with WAMU ought to qualify as a plague!

No, you can't come home. You're my spring entertainment until 1 June.

Habibi? Must be a story there...can you find him an Egyptian cowboy hat, since he turned down a Stetson?

Rice, bananas, applesauce, toast, and rest--all will be better in the morning.